Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A little scare..........

(This will make more sense if you read the "Everything you need to know" post first!)
Maybe it was more like a huge scare today.
We are turning off the TV and spending more time outside.
Jayce came running into the house screaming to high heaven. I panicked thinking he has seriously injured himself. It took a few minutes to calm him down. Finally just sobbing instead of screaming, he shows me his finger and tells me what happened.
"This yellow goo just dropped out of the sky and landed on my finger."
(Miraculously, the goo landed right on the tip of his right pointer finger)
"What is it?" He asks.
Well, I say, it looks like honey doesn't it? But it smells a lot like tree sap.
I taste a little- tastes like tree sap too!
Still crying- "You mean its not yellow moss?"
No, this is from the inside of the tree.
"You mean like tree blood?"
Yes, like tree blood.
"MAN- I really thought I was going crazy mom."

In this case I can't decide if the TV is more dangerous than the imagination-
He rest's on the couch for a few minutes to recover and asks "What happens when a person tastes tree blood? "
A trick question- I am not going there today buddy- not listening--lalalalalala

No comments: