Monday, April 12, 2010

Survival and Heart-breakers!

I did survive the plane trip to Cali.
You know that because it was weeks ago and I am still here- it just took me a few weeks to get around to the telling of the trip.
I did not pee my pants on the plane, but I discovered that it's the coming down that terrifies me- I was as cool as a cucumber going up and staying up- and only freaked a little coming down! If you hear anything different than that then its a lie! (Mom, you can and should remain silent!)
As for California-
It was great!
Kerryne placed first in her class for Fitness and then First again in the overall!
YEAH! It was fun to be there cheering her on! Way to go baby sister!
Cali was warm and relaxing- but I was anxious to home with my kids, enjoying spring break and Birthdays.













Kelcey turned 20 on the 26th of March and Jordan is now 23.
I just love these two! If I had to chose my favorite thing about Kelcey it would be that I always know exactly what she is thinking- she is very open. One trait that I really admire! And she is my dearest friend!
With Jordan- it is his tender heart. He's a big bad fireman and I am certain that he wishes to be known as just that- but I am his mom and I know that he has a very caring. loving heart! He loves his family- and we all love him!
At dinner last night with the whole family, Jordan and Kelcey were talking about the good old days- when they were all young and they liked each other one minute and then hated each other the next.............Kelcey finally admits that Jordan was a good big brother- reluctantly, but she says it....and then silence....we are all waiting to here the BUT--- And Jayce pipes in and says, "yes, Jordan, you are a good big brother!" we chuckle and the Jayce adds "I wish I were born when you all were born."

How heart breaking. I struggle with this always. I would not have chosen to NOT have him- I would never have chosen to keep him from coming- I don't know why it took so many years to get this little boy here- I can only imagine that this is when he needed to be here- and we are so grateful- yet it hurts my heart when he says things like this- or when he asks "when is our baby coming?" Everyone in our ward seems to be adding to their families and he notices- and wonders why he isn't getting a little sibling of his own- he is pacified with being an uncle- none of his friends are uncles yet- so that's pretty cool!

No comments: