Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pay backs and Temptations

The lesson of the week- Pay backs are AWESOME!
Last year in Kindergarten there was a little person that could be rude and a little mean. Fast forward to first grade- as I was picking Jayce up on Tuesday I was approached by several of his class mates. Apparently someone had thrown up in class, and they were anxious to tell every one they could tell. Jayce didn't say anything about it so when I asked him he grinned form ear-to-ear and said "Yep- pay backs are AWESOME!" Someone threw up on that mean little persons desk and chair. The conversation continued as I tried to explain to Jayce that he too can be rude and a little mean sometimes, and he wouldn't have appreciated this type of pay back...... somehow it went from that to how AWESOME it would be to have someone throw a pie in his face as a pay back.............. I think I am giving up on this one for today!

And temptations. Baylie is 16- she should be facing all sorts of temptations, but I fear that it is her mother that is being tempted! There was that day a few weeks ago that i was tempted to punch her right in the face! I put myself in time-out, I read from the good book, I prayed, and I hummed my favorite tune. I was still tempted to punch her right in the face! It took a few days- but I have overcome this temptation for now- only to be faced with another. Baylie has suddenly become superstitious. She has not washed her game jersey or her game socks- they must remain smelly and sweaty throughout the season. This obviously brings good luck to her and the poor girls that have to smell her. She really stinks! Her soccer bag is unbearably smelly! Her socks stand up on their own! I have been tempted daily to throw that smelly mess into the wash! I have never wanted to do laundry so badly! There is only one more game and then the stink can go away!

1 comment:

The Olson Gang said...

I know JUST what I'm giving Jayce for his birthday - PLEASE don't spoil it for me - will ya!.....

And all I can say is.... it must be TEMPTATION week.... someone should have warned me.... (She better win!) and then I think I'd bag the "wash" and just "toss".... is that an option??? LOL!!! Good luck to you!