Monday, November 3, 2008

Where We Were

40 years ago: I was 2 years old living in the same area I live in now. Possibly even attending the same ward. My parents lived in a small duplex on Jefferson Street. I had an older sister Shontell and another sister on the way.

20 years ago: I was a 22 year old mother of one cute little boy, Jordan. We had a small home in Sandy. I was in the Primary Presidency and was really learning alot and loving our ward. I was also coming to terms with the possibility of not being able to have another child and undergoing surgical procedures to remove scar tissue- cysts- whatever else could be found that should not be there. I was a lucky lady to have been able to have any children at all- I never dreamt that I would have 4!
Ross was searching for his dream career. He worked for the family business but also went to school at night. He would have been working on becoming an EMT at this time which eventually lead to his career as a Fireman.

10 years ago: I had 3 children- Jordan who was 11, Kelcey 8, Baylie 4. We have FINALLY finished our home in murray and Ross was probably cooking up plans for some addition. I was still serving in the Primary- Different ward- Primary is and was a really great place to be. Ross would have been in the bishopric- soon to be High Council and then Stake Young Mens Pres. I was also called to the Stake Primary Presidency about the same time. It was a busy life for this family. We worked super hard at doing all the "RIGHT" things- Family Night- scripture study- famliy prayer twice a day- meetings coming out of our ears- soccer, basketball, dance class, baseball- Now when I see the cute young families going through a similar time in their lives I just smile to myself and think- BEEN THERE! I am officially too old to do that again! It was wonderful! We have great memories- and we learned so many wonderful lessons! Work wise- Ross had been a Paramedic for about 4 years and went from his 24 hour on shift- 24 hours off- to working days and teaching Paramedic courses- Home every night- What is a woman to do with a man who stays home every night. The kids and I had a schedule- a routine- "I" was the boss-- things were a bit touchy for awhile, but we worked it out. I let Ross think he's in charge.

5 Years ago: THE SHOCK OF MY LIFE!!!
I had been working at Liberty Elementary tutoring. I loved my job! I loved that I had the same schedule that my children had. Baylie is 9-Kelcey 13- Jordan 16. I have one child in each school-elementary, Jr high and High school. Life is sweet! I had not been feeling well for a few weeks, that turned in not feeling well for a month- I call my doctor who has been really great through years and years of female problems and he says "lets do a quick blood test to start with then go from there"
I go in for the blood test- And I get the phone call the next day- Mrs. Fowlks Your test was positive- I ask "Positive for what?" Oh, mam- you are pregnant. I instantly started to cry. I had suffered miscarriages, I had hurt for years from "knowing" that there was a little boy waiting to join our family- AND I HAD GIVEN UP YEARS AND YEARS AGO! I had moved on- I was done! This could NOT be happening to me! I had been "Medically Induced" into menopause- This was a miracle that was unexpected and at that moment it was too much for me to handle! I cried alot! But it all worked out just fine! Jayce was born- He will be 5 in 23 days! And we cannot imagine life without him! What a blessing!
I am also serving on the State PTA board. Its alot of meetings! And a great way to be informed and involved in- well- everything!

3 Years ago: Jordan was 18 and Graduating from High School! Yeah! Kelcey was 15 and giving us all kinds of heck! GRR! Baylie was 11. Playing soccer for a competiton team and loving life! Jayce was 2- fun age! Fun times. Honestly- I never thought that I would say this but I loved life right then! Jordan always had a group of boys over that were "my boys" and they were messy and they ate everything in sight and I complained constantly about them- but oh how I loved them and I miss those days! Jordan was dating Whitney Earl and we were so grateful that he had found a really special girl to spend time with! Kelcey could be trying- and honestly I prayed so much for her- and for me- it takes such love and patience and forgiveness and hope and faith to raise children! And I am so glad that I have her! She has taught me much!
Still on the State PTA Board- still alot of meetings and a great way to be informed and involved-

1 year ago: Jordan was a married man and looking to purchase his first home. We love Whitney. Kelcey was attending cosmotology at Echelon Edge part time and still being a stinker about high school. Baylie is in Jr high- 13 years old. Still playing soccer and doing very well in school. Jayce is 3- I am working at Copper Creek Preschool twice a week. This works well for me. I can have Jayce with me and we both get out of the house. I am in the Relief Society Presidency- something I went into kicking and screaming- its just not "me"- But its becoming very, very dear to me! I love the women in our ward! I learn so much from them and I am so incredibly blessed to be serving them! Still on the state PTA board- I am informed and involved and I have met the best people and had great experiences- but I think this will be my last year!

Today: I LOVE going to the gymn- so I am so happy that I got there today! I still work at the preschool-3 days a week now! Baylie has a soccer game tonight- its indoor- and they call it Footsal! Kelcey is looking for a new car- any one want a 1987 Thunderbird?? Its a Classic! She has 40 hours of cosmotology left- but she'll skip class for the silliest reasons! Ross is working days again and will possibly stay days until he retires. I still let him think he is the boss! I am still in the Relief Society and loving it!

Tommorrow: I plan on VOTING! And then Jayce and I are playing with my Niece, Pajha and Nephews, Peyton and Kohen for the day.

Next Year: Maybe I will be a Grandma????? No- Jordan would not like me to think that!
Jayce will be in Kindergarten and Baylie will start High School- How wierd is that? I guess I will be doing PTA/ room mom all over agian!

2 comments:

Des said...

I don't know if you have received my email or not, but yes, I hope you are planning on doing the PTA/Room Parent thing again because I need you! I will be PTA Pres next year and I don't know what I'm doing! Help! I think this puts me in the insane woman category. :)

lori said...

I learned so much about you and you family! you guys are awesome:) I have loved getting to know you. Thanks for having such great kids.